Seven reasons why you should consider focusing on self-employed borrowers
If your client base doesn’t currently include self-employed borrowers, you’re potentially missing out on further growing your business.
We’ve done all the research, going through market data, broker research, insider knowledge of our BDMs and distribution and marketing teams, as well as our own bespoke broker research.
And all of these data points point to self-employed borrowers being a match made in heaven for brokers.
Here are seven reasons why you should focus on self-employed borrowers:
- Self-employed borrowers tend to have higher loan requirements
- It is harder for self-employed borrowers to get deals approved by themselves, which means they are more likely to need the help of a broker
- Self-employed borrowers are likely to have additional loan requirements they need help with in the future
- Good referral networks come from self-employed borrowers
- Specialising in self-employed borrowers provide a point of distinctiveness for your own business
- Helping more challenging customers is more personally rewarding
- Many self-employed customers are unaware of their own higher risk, with most new customers having been turned down by banks
Contact your BDM or RM today to discuss the loan products we offer that are suited for self-employed borrowers: https://broker.resimac.com.au/contact-us